I’m excited to announce a very full fall coming up: I will be part of several art shows and open studio events.
Here are the shows I have lined up through to December 2012. Come by and chat!
CANMORE STUDIO & GALLERY TOUR 2012
Our province celebrates the arts every year with “Alberta Culture Days”. For the 2012 event, 19 Canmore artist studios and galleries are participating in a town-wide tour. The tour features some of Canmore’s most celebrated professional artists. There will also be 5 public art venues as part of the tour.
Come experience the creative process up close throughout the weekend. All of the artists will be on hand at the tour, and many will be doing demonstrations in their studios. I will be showcasing my printmaking processes.
- Saturday, September 29: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, September 30: 10 am to 4 pm
- More information on all the participants, and a map can be found at the Tour’s facebook page.
HAND MADE HERE! 7th ANNUAL BOUTIQUE SALE (CALGARY)
Our artist collective is back with more artistic creations for the 2012 pre-Christmas season. 25 artists will be in attendance at this high-end art show and sale, and there will be something for everyone!
Come view the beautiful creations including: pottery, jewellery, printmaking, felted creations, fiber arts, glass, painting and more! Be sure not to miss this one. Preview the works of art on the Hand Made Here! Facebook Page.
- Saturday, November 17: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, November 18: 11 am to 4 pm
- Triwood Community Hall, 2244 Chicoutimi Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta
CANMORE CHRISTMAS ARTISANS MARKET (CANMORE)
Join me — and many other local artists — for the 17th Annual Canmore Christmas Art Market.
This is Canmore’s largest Christmas art show, with over 85 artists and vendors. Come for a couple of hours … there is lots to see!
The market runs two days and features blown & stained glass, pottery, fine wood work, hand crafted knives, jewelery, silks, chocolates, lotions, handmade paper, furniture, photography, painting, hats and fleeces, hand-bound journals, and more! There are also lots of tempting food treats. Admission is $2, in support of the Canmore Preschool. Kids are free.
- Saturday, November 24: 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, November 25: 10 am to 4 pm
- Canmore Collegiate High School, 1800 – 8 Avenue, Canmore, Alberta
SMALL TREASURES SHOW & SALE AT THE BANFF WHYTE MUSEUM
My art will be a part of a favorite tradition of locals and visitors: artists are challenged to think inside the 144-square-inch box to create winter-themed treasures.
- Saturday, December 1, 2012: 1 pm – 4 pm Opening & Artist Reception
- Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies
- Swiss Guides Room & The Whyte Shop
- 111 Bear Street, Banff, Alberta
- Show is On-Going from Dec. 1, 2012 through Jan. 15, 2013
ARTISTS OF ELK RUN OPEN STUDIO EVENT (CANMORE)
Ten professional artist studios have come together as the Artists of Elk Run to collaborate in Canmore, Alberta, and my studio is one of them! We will be launching this group to the public by celebrating with an Open Studio event the weekend of December 8 & 9, 2012.
This is a rare opportunity to see inside the professional working studios of potters, glassblowers, painters, sculptors, and more with this marvellous mix of Canmore artists. Meet the artists and do some Christmas shopping!
- Saturday, December 8: 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday, December 9: 12 noon – 4 pm
- More information and a map can be found at our collective’s facebook page. The page also has samples of the artwork from each member.
For all these events, I will have cards and limited edition art prints (framed and unframed) available for sale.
Here is a small sampling of what I will have for sale (for a complete look at my art, visit my website):
LIMITED EDITION ART PRINTS
HAND-PRINTED CHRISTMAS CARDS